Monday, July 29, 2013

A River running through!!!

2013-04-30 16.01.09

For Embroidery day …..  This past year, a group of us each created a piece of stitchery which had to have a river running through.  There were nine of us …..  each piece was totally different.  The piece had to be 10 inches wide with a final length of no more than 14 inches.  Each of us had to supply something that had to be included in our final piece.  I put in a piece of shisha mirror which is ‘hidden” in the meadow below the river.  There were long blue beads, a variety of threads (many of which were a part of the base for the meadow), that unique button on the front of the barn, a wide piece of ribbon, feathers, orange silk waste, cheese cloth (which I painted), etc.  My river is a piece of crumpled brown paper painted blue and then adorned with lots of beads.  I machine embroidered all the trees and then hand embroidered the meadow over top of the confusion of threads secured under the cheese cloth!!!   The orange hill represents the pine forests of BC that  have been destroyed by the pine beetle.  The barn is from my imagination …..  I just liked it!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment