Saturday, February 23, 2013

Distant Stitch Machine Embroidery Chapter 7–Free Embroidery

 

Sample # 1  Stitching doodles using an embroidery hoop.

Page 1   has a series of drawings which I have taken from  metal  framework in a glass door (especially the one on the right and bottom of the page).  I drew this in pencil and should probably traced it out with a black micron pen.  Also my photograph is not so good …..  I took the picture in a bright room with skylights!!! 

 

 

2013-04-04 20.14.39

The doodle on page 2 is the one out of my head which I used for my stitched sample.

Page 2

2013-02-23 13.45.46

 

Page 3 is a picture of my stitched doodle from page 2!!!   I liked this piece and using a hoop really helped to keep everything in place.  The only thing that I didn’t like was the restrictive size when I was stitching near the edge.  I do have a larger hoop but I probably would have filled in the center portion as well.  I decided to display this piece as a circle rather than a square or rectangle.  The leaf right in the center has bright spot ……  it was stitched using yellow as a solid colour – I over stitched yellow with red to reduce the intensity of the yellow.  It still pulls the eye into the center and maybe that is OK!!!?????   I like the two coloured circles!!!  

2013-02-23 13.39.24

 

Fabric – black felt

Stabilizer – black dust chair cover (this worked very well)

Threads -  Bobbin thread -  Guttermann – 100% p0olyester – Colour – Black  #10

#1   Korean Marathon thread – 100% rayon – colour # 2019 – yellow

#2    A1 – 8158 – 100% rayon – colour # 1155  -  red

#3    A1 – 8158 – 100% rayon – no label  -  blue

#4     Wonderfil -  100% rayon – colour # 1137 – orange

#5     Coats – cotton/polyester – ART 200 – ON  -  colour # 62  -  green

 

 

Sample # 2   Free embroidery without an embroidery hoop using straight stitch

Page 4   

2013-02-23 13.44.56

The stitched piece somewhat resembles the drawing.  The blue and red stitchings do not show up well on the black.  There is some slight stitch distortion.  It was hard to control the stitching without an embroidery frame.  There is a bit of muddle in the bottom right half of the piece!!!   I did use two threads in the needle for one Razzle Dazzle (blue and orange).  The final piece was a perfect rectangle which did not show in the photograph.  I find the piece too busy!!!

 

Page 5.

 

2013-02-23 14.12.33

For this piece I used all the same materials as in Sample 1 except for the red thread.   Embroidery  120d/2 – 100% rayon – colour – no niumber – red.

 

Page 6

Sample #3  -  Free embroidery without an embroidery hoop using zigzag stitch.  For this piece I used one of my transparent paint samples.  There is quite a  distortion of the fabric.  Maybe, I should have used a bigger piece.  Or a better stabilizer. I have noticed that I have run off the edge in one place.  I did vary the widths of the zigzag from 1 to 5.  I also over zigzaged a DAZZLE with a 1 width, the original width being a 3.   I did use fewer razzle dazzles than sample #2.

 

2013-02-23 13.40.25

Fabric – Bridal satin painted with transfer paints using sample #4

Stabilizer – Armo – intra- face bias feather weight interfacing – 2 layers

                - vilene – (mid weight woven pellon) – 1 layer

Threads – Bobbin – red -

#1.  Aurafil – 100% cotton – colour # 2535  1ED – red violet

#2.   Aurefil – 100% cotton – colour #4225  2LB – violet 

#3.   100% rayon  - BF 8309  -  colour # 1081 -  light violet

#4.    no label  -  100% rayon  -  wine red

# 5.   Korean Marathon thread – 100% rayon – colour # 2002 – yellow green

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed your Razzle Dazzle. Very well done. The final piece is great.

    ReplyDelete